By guest blogger Jason Minear firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE CLICK ON ARTICLE TITLE TO LEAVE COMMENTS BELOW
TRUMP AND HILlARY’S LOVE CHILD! BEN CARSON – THE NINJA DAYS! MARCO RUBIO SPARKS MENUDO REUNION TALK! BERNIE SANDERS CHALLENGES VLADIMIR PUTIN TO SHUFFLEBOARD DEATHMATCH! YOUR SOURCE FOR ACCURATE NEWS INFORMATION RIGHT HERE!
Ever just had a thought festering in your head that you just need to get out? Well, this is one of those thoughts.
My motivation for the article comes from how information is provided to us today. Is the current political vetting process the best we can do? Is it reasonable to think that we can adequately make an informed decision when candidates communicate in themes, a 45 second debate response, or a sound bite? How do we get through the media bias of what’s best for ratings? Who can speak the loudest? Or who can have the best “gotcha” moment? How do we get through the Facebook news feed of modernized yellow journalism? Why do we need the “big reveal” for cabinet members? Is it reasonable that we attend every stump speech from every candidate or read stylized fluff on their websites?
The goal of this article is to change the political conversation. The content below is written primarily from a national perspective but if you are interested, the same type of a conversation needs to take place at a local level.
I have listed several questions below, but they should just be considered a framework for conversation. By no means am I any kind of political expert nor is this intended to be a complete list, and quite frankly this is being written during a late night Netflix binge on Thanksgiving night. I have tried to be as diplomatic as possible. In addition, the questions are written from a high level that would allow one to sink their teeth into the answer. These are not ranked or ordered in any way, simply stream of consciousness.
Simply, how do we get the right list of questions in front of the candidates so that they can be answered in a way that can be executed once in office. Collectively, we need to move the country forward – in all areas. And our candidates need to not only convey messages but be able to execute their plans.
If this article compels you, add to the list. If the list of questions resonate with you, forward to all the candidates via tweet, facebook or email to hopefully foster a national dialogue.
Ladies and gentleman, I present you the first draft of the Presidential Questionnaire
- What are your priorities?
- What is your 30 day plan once in office?
- Who will be in your cabinet?
- What other experts will you consult with to advance the country?
- How will you evaluate your success?
- How will the performance of those people that you have appointed/hired be evaluated?
- What mistakes have you made in public office or on the job? What have you learned from those mistakes?
- At what point does a candidate’s past become a distraction? Will you follow that when campaigning against other candidates?
- How do we ensure our safety while maintaining/gaining the rights/respect of others?
- How will the country become healthier during your tenure?
- How will the environment improve during your tenure?
- How will the country become more intelligent during your tenure?
- How will the country become financially sound during your tenure?
- What will you do for the world to view us more favorably during your tenure?
- How will you support the military branches?
- What is your plan to improve the economy? What benchmarks can we expect each year?
- Where are other countries beating us? And what can we do to catch and surpass?
- What areas are we superior from other countries and how will we maintain that?
- Where do you stand on abortion/Roe v. Wade?
- If you communicate incorrect information, will you correct it and explain the mistake?
- How will you lead by example?
- Do we need special interest reform? If so, how?
- What is currently working under the current administration and would continue under your tenure?
- Which of your positions do not transfer readily to the State, and how will you interact with state officials to advance national priorities?
- How will you generate consensus and get your agenda accomplished?
- Put the following Ben Franklin quote into perspective “one man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter”.
- Please comment on each of the Bill of Rights and Amendments and put modern context around those that need modernized interpretation. Please be sure to comment in detail on amendments 1,2, and 4.
- Please feel free to comment on any areas that have not been covered.
“Don’t ever mistake activity for achievement” – John Wooden