WHY ARE THESE PEOPLE STILL HERE AFTER THEY PROMISED TO LEAVE?
Arch asks: Why are these people still here after they promised to leave? Please, if you are going to leave, leave already. We'll be better without you. Note: Donald Trump "lost" the popular election by 3 million votes - roughly the vote total that he lost in California alone. So, if we don't have California, President Trump doesn't lose the popular vote....California (where "they" all live) and New York are reasons for the necessity of the Electoral College.
Ruth Bader Ginsberg promised she would leave the United States if Donald Trump were elected president. Question: Why is she still here?
Here's a list of prominents who promised to leave if Donald J. Trump is elected president. Why are they still here?
Jon Stewart. Still here, making money.
1. John Stewart: stated that if Donald Trump is elected, he is "leaving the planet." Report: well, sadly to say, Jon Stewart is still in the United States making upwards of $80 million. I would imagine that 80 million dollars would be more than enough to purchase a rocket to send him into orbit; however, he has elected to stay because it is financially worth his while to stay. Where is he now? John Stewart is, again, full of BS and he is staying in the US for the money. Stewart just signed a multi-million dollar deal with hbo with his studio in New york after he said he was "finished" with television when he left the daily show.
2. Jennifer Lawrence: has decided to end her life. As she stated "If Donald Trump becomes president, that will be the end of the world." Where is she now: Still in Hollywood making money....Say your prayers, J. Law. You are going to meet your maker sooner than you thought (at least that is what you claimed). BTW: Jennifer, Donald Trump is President, are you still alive? Jennifer lawrence currently is worth $110 million dollars and is living in Hollywood.
3. Omari Hardwick: Stated that if Trump is elected, he is moving to Italy: As he stated ""If Donald Trump wins the presidency, I'm out," the "Power" star told The Wrap, adding he'd head for Italy after the election. Where is Omari now that President Trump is President - he is in Hollywood. Where are they now: Still in the United States making money. Have your purchased your Italian passport yet?
4. Whoopi Goldberg: Reported said the following - "... if Donald Trump were to become president, she would move. "I don't think that's America. I don't want it to be America. Maybe it's time for me to move, you know," she said."If Donald Trump wins the presidency, I'm out," the "Power" star told The Wrap, adding he'd head for Italy after the election. Goldberg is currently making $2 million per year as a panelist on the view which is taped in new york and not italy, at the time of this writing.
5. Eddie Griffin: According to Breitbart News, actor Eddie Griffin told DJ Vlad he'd vote for Kanye West over Donald Trump, and that if Trump won, "I'm moving to Africa."In January, before the election, several Hollywood stars and media members proclaimed they would leave the United States if Donald Trump is elected President. Here is the current list and their intentions to leave (hopefully, they actually do). Where is he now: Still in Hollywood trying to make more money.
George is still in the United States. He promised to leave?
6. George Lopez: Shortly after Donald Trump announced his presidency, comedian George Lopez jokingly told TMZ, "If he wins, he won't have to worry about immigration, we'll all go back." Is Mr. Lopez living in Mexico? Answer. No, he's still here making money. as of this writing, mr. lopez is living very comfortably in mission hills, california, and his net worth is estimated at 35 million dollars.
7. Army Hammer: When asked by Vanity Fair, "Where Will You Move if Donald Trump Becomes President?" actor Armie Hammer joked, "I would move to the Caribbean and start a jet ski rental business." Whoops: Still in the US. Guess he found out the jet ski rental business is not as profitable as being a second rate actor.
8. Amber Rose: In March 2016 Amber Rose told US Weekly, "Jesus Christ, I can't even think about it! I'm moving, I'm out! I can't. And I am taking my son with me! I would be devastated, to be honest with you!" Where is she now: Still in United States making US dollars.
9. Neve Campbell: In an interview with the Huffington Post, actress Neve Campbell stated if Trump was elected she would move back to Canada. "I'm terrified. It's really scary. My biggest fear is that Trump will triumph." Where is she now: The model is still in United States plying her trade and making US dollars.
10. Raven-Symoné. Actress and host of "The View" Raven-Symoné said on the talk show, "My confession for this election is if any Republican gets nominated, I'm gonna move to Canada with my entire family. I already have my ticket." Where is she now? No reports of Raven-Symone shopping in Toronto at the time of this writing.
By all accounts, Mr. King is still in the United States
11. Stephen King: In an interview with The Washington Post in September, best-selling author Stephen King said he'd move to Canada if Trump became president. He stated, "A Trump presidency scares me more than anything else. I'm terrified that he'll become president." Where is he now: Definitely not in Canada at this writing. King is still living in maine and is worth roughly $400 million. and I would imagine most of his book and movie deals were made in the united states.
12. Chloë Sevigny: WHEN ASKED BY VANITY FAIR WHERE SHE WOULD MOVE IF DONALD TRUMP BECAME PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, ACTRESS CHLOË SEVIGNY RESPONDED, "NOVA SCOTIA." Again, where is she now - you got it, the united states earning Us currency.
13. Elisabeth Moss: VANITY FAIR ASKED "MAN MEN," ACTRESS ELISABETH MOSS WHERE SHE WOULD MOVE IF DONALD TRUMP BECAME PRESIDENT AND SHE SAID, "I ALWAYS WANTED TO LIVE IN ITALY SO THAT MIGHT BE A GOOD TIME. You guessed it: She's still in the United States.
14. Ruth Bader-Ginsberg: suPREME COURT JUSTICE RUTH BADER GINSBURG SHARED HER CONCERNS OF DONALD TRUMP BECOMING PRESIDENT IN AN INTERVIEW WITH THE NEW YORK TIMES. "I CAN'T IMAGINE WHAT THIS PLACE WOULD BE ― I CAN'T IMAGINE WHAT THE COUNTRY WOULD BE ― WITH DONALD TRUMP AS OUR PRESIDENT. FOR THE COUNTRY, IT COULD BE FOUR YEARS. FOR THE COURT, IT COULD BE ― I DON'T EVEN WANT TO CONTEMPLATE THAT." SHE ADDED THAT HER LATE HUSBAND WOULD HAVE JOKED, "NOW IT'S TIME FOR US TO MOVE TO NEW ZEALAND. Conclusion: still no new openings on the supreme court. if the honorable bader-ginsberg is going to leave, she should leave now and make good on her promise. I would imagine, though, that she is going to hang on to her seat to prevent donald j. trump from appointing a conservative to take her very liberal seat on the SCOTUS.
Poor Chelsea. Still living in the US
14. Chelsea Handler: During a May episode of "Live with Kelly and Michael," comedian Chelsea Handler reportedly said, "I did buy a house in another country just in case, so all of these people that threaten to leave the country and then don't, I will leave the country," according to ibtimes.com. At last perusal, Handler still is living in the united states making a lot of money from talk shows and personal appearances. Handler is still living a luxurious lifestyle in california, and her net worth from working in the united states is an estimated $35 million.
15. Samuel L. Jackson: DURING A "HATEFUL EIGHT BALL" SEGMENT ON "JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE" IN DECEMBER 2015, THE TALK SHOW HOST ASKS THE EIGHT BALL, WHICH IS VOICED BY A "PSYCHIC" SAMUEL L. JACKSON, "WILL DONALD TRUMP BE OUR NEXT PRESIDENT?" TO WHICH HE REPLIES, "IF THAT [EXPLETIVE] BECOMES PRESIDENT, I'LL MOVE MY BLACK [EXPLETIVE] TO SOUTH AFRICA. You got it: sam L. is still living the life in los angeles. Still waiting for his next role acting for quentin tarantino. Samuel L. Jackson is ranked as the second highest all-time box office star with over $4,713.7 million total box office gross, an average of $68.3 million per film and resides in los angeles.
Cher: If she could just turn back time!
16. Cher: IN A JUNE 2015 TWITTER EXCHANGE WITH ANOTHER USER, CHER TWEETED: "IF HE WERE TO BE ELECTED,IM MOVING TO JUPITER." We can only wish. who really cares about this irrelevant, plastic, aging pop star.
17. Amy Schumer: ROCKVILLE CENTRE-RAISED AMY SCHUMER SAT DOWN WITH EMILY MAITLIS OF BBC NEWSNIGHT AND SAID, "I WILL NEED TO LEARN TO SPEAK SPANISH BECAUSE I WILL MOVE TO SPAIN OR SOMEWHERE. ... IT'S BEYOND MY COMPREHENSION IF TRUMP WON. IT'S TOO CRAZY." Where is she now: definitely not in Spain. schumer is estimated to be worth roughly $16 million made primarily in appearances and media in the united states. No spanish sightings of her just yet.
18. Lena dunham: "Girls" star Lena Dunham said she's out of here if Donald Trump wins the November presidential election. "I know a lot of people have been threatening to do this, but I really will," Dunham has said about moving to Canada if he wins. "I know a lovely place in Vancouver and I can get my work done from there." dunham is still in the united states filming "girls" and making us dollars in the meantime. Ms. dunham is irrelevant, and no one really cares what she is worth and where she lives.
Babs: Why leave us now that all the fun has started?
19. Barbra Streisand: Barbra Streisand is not happy about Donald Trump's rise in running for president. The singer was vocal during an appearance on Australia's "60 Minutes," saying she "Can't believe it. I'm either coming to your country, if you'll let me in, or Canada." Still here, I read. (BTW: canada must really be becoming a populated country.
20. Myley Cyris: Earlier in the year, singer Miley Cyrus posted to Instagram a photo of Donald Trump, with the caption "Donald Trump is a [explicit] nightmare." In a separate series of Instagram posts, the "Wrecking Ball" singer says "...Honestly [explicit] this [explicit] I am moving if this is my president! I don't say things I don't mean!" which is accompanied by an image of Trump posing with hunters. You got it: still here. She made roughly $160 million dollars from concerts this year in the united states alone.
21. The right reverend Al Sharpton: The Rev. Al Sharpton is "reserving" his "ticket" just in case Donald Trump wins, he said at a Center for American Progress event in February. "If Donald Trump is the nominee ... I'm also reserving my ticket to get out of here if he wins. Only because he'd probably have me deported anyhow." It would be great to know where that ticket is taking him - as long as he is out of the United States, but you and I both know, he is still here, reeking havoc wherever he shows up.