to leave comment, please click on article title above. comments are appreciated and encouraged
stephen arch email@example.com
PLEASE CHECK OUT ARCHIVED BLOGS TO SEE PAST ARTICLES IN THE DAILY ARCH. THANK YOU.
Once again, the "progressive left" needs a history lesson, judging from the most recent publication of Tom Tomorrow's This Modern World political cartoon. I'll give you a few minutes to re-read the above cartoon.
Finished? Ok. Allow me to show you where "they" (if Tomorrow is their spokesman) are incorrect.
Let's do a "comparison," shall we:
THIRD FRAME: The Republican Party if full of
1) "gun fetishists" (Let's "shoot" this argument out of the water, shall we:
OKAY. However, please read the following (information supplied by GUNS AND AMMO website, by Kyle Wintersteen:
Sen. Jon Tester (D-MT)
Supports nationwide concealed-carry reciprocity; co-sponsored D.C. Personal Protection Act to repeal an assortment of draconian gun laws in the District of Columbia; voted yes on Department of State’s International Aid bill to prohibit foreign entities (such as the United Nations) from regulating or taxing Americans’ firearms; voted yes on allowing firearms in checked luggage on Amtrak trains.
Rep. Mike Ross (D-AR)
Supports nationwide concealed-carry permit reciprocity; co-sponsored Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act to protect gun makers from reckless lawsuits; co-sponsored Firearms Interstate Commerce Reform Act to provide for legal sales of handguns and semi-automatic rifles across state lines; sponsored D.C. Personal Protection Act; voted yes on amendment to allow carrying of firearms in national parks.
Rep. Heath Shuler (D-NC)
Supports nationwide concealed-carry reciprocity; co-sponsored Firearms Interstate Commerce Reform Act; co-sponsored D.C. Personal Protection Act; voted yes on amendment to allow carrying of firearms in national parks.
Rep. Dan Boren (D-OK)
Voted yes on D.C. Personal Protection Act; supports nationwide concealed-carry reciprocity; voted yes on Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act; co-sponsored Firearms Interstate Commerce Reform Act; supports Recreational Fishing & Hunting Heritage & Opportunities Act.
Rep. Ben Nelson (D-NE)
Voted to allow guns in checked luggage on Amtrak trains; supports nationwide concealed-carry reciprocity; voted yes on Firearms Confiscation Prohibition amendment to prohibit confiscation of guns during declared emergencies; voted yes on Department of State’s International Aid bill; voted yes on Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act; co-sponsored D.C. Personal Protection Act; voted yes on amendment to allow carrying of firearms in national parks; voted against nomination of Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan, specifically citing her position on the Second Amendment.
Rep. Ron Kind (D-WI)
Co-chair of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus; voted YES on Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act; supports nationwide concealed-carry reciprocity; co-sponsored Firearms Interstate Commerce Reform Act; co-sponsored D.C. Personal Protection Act.
Rep. Mike Thompson (D-CA)
Voted YES on Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act; voted yes on D.C. Personal Protection Act.
Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-MS)
Voted NO on bill to require background checks on private sales at gun shows.
THIRD FRAME again: The Republican Party if full of
2) "White Supremecists"
Harry Truman (Democrat, 33rd President of the United States) "dabbled" in the mid `1920's while serving as judge in Jackson City, Missouri.
Hugo Black (Democrat, U.S. Senator, Supreme Court Justice appointed by Franklin D. Roosevelt). KKK member when appointed to Supreme Court in 1937.
Robert Byrd. (Democrat - US House of Representatives and US Senate from 1954 until his death in 2010). Served for West Virginia's Southern Democratic United States Senator Robert C. Byrd was a recruiter for the Klan while in his 20s and 30s, rising to the title of Kleagle and Exalted Cyclops of his local chapter. After leaving the group, Byrd spoke in favor of the Klan during his early political career. Though he claimed to have left the organization in 1943, Byrd wrote a letter in 1946 to the group's Imperial Wizard stating "The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia." Byrd defended the Klan in his 1958 U.S. Senate campaign when he was 41 years old. (Pianin, Eric. A Senator's Shame." Washington Post 19 June 2005).
Theodore G. Bilbo (Southern Democratic United States Senator from Mississippi) Revealed his membership in the Ku Klux Klan in an interview on the radio program Meet the Press. He said, "No man can leave the Klan. He takes an oath not to do that. Once a Ku Klux, always a Ku Klux.
Bibb Graves (Southern Democrat, was the 38th Governor of Alabama) Lost his first campaign for governor in 1922, but four years later, with the secret endorsement of the Ku Klux Klan, he was elected to his first term as governor. Almost certainly Graves was the Exalted Cyclops (chapter president) of the Montgomery chapter of the Klan, but both Graves and U.S. Supreme Court Justice Hugo Black, another Alabama Klan member, were more opportunists than ideologues, politicians who used the temporary strength of the Klan to further their careers
George Gordon (Southern Democratic Congressman for Tennessee's 10th congressional district) Became one of the Klan's first members. In 1867, Gordon became the Klan's first Grand Dragon for the Realm of Tennessee, and wrote its "Precept," a book describing its organization, purpose, and principles.
And still more: theDemocratic Party's historical stance on blacks:
- Democrats fought to expand slavery while Republicans fought to end it.
- Democrats passed thosediscriminatory Black Codes and Jim Crow laws.
- Democrats supported and passed theMissouri Compromise to protect slavery.
- Democrats supported and passed the Kansas Nebraska Act to expand slavery.
- Democrats supported and backed the DredScott Decision.
- Democrats opposed educating blacks andmurdered our teachers.
- Democrats foughtagainst anti-lynching laws.
- Democrat Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, is well-known for having been a “Kleagle” in the Ku Klux Klan.
- Democrat Senator Robert Byrd of WestVirginia, personally filibustered the CivilRights Act of 1964 for 14 straight hours to keep it frompassage.
- Democrats passed the Repeal Act of 1894 that overturned civil right laws enacted byRepublicans.
- Democrats declared that they would rather vote for a “yellow dog” than vote for a Republican, because the Republican Party was known as the party for blacks.
- Democrat President Woodrow Wilson, reintroduced segregation throughout the federalgovernment immediately upon taking office in 1913.
- Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s first appointment to the Supreme Court was a life member of the Ku Klux Klan, Sen. Hugo Black, Democrat of Alabama.
- Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s choice forvice president in 1944 was Harry Truman, who had joined the Ku Klux Klan inKansas City in1922.
- Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt resisted Republican efforts to pass a federal law againstlynching.
- Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt opposedintegration of the armedforces.
- Democrat Senators Sam Ervin, Albert Gore, Sr. and Robert Byrd were the chief opponents ofthe 1964 Civil Rights Act.
- Democrats supported and backed JudgeJohn Ferguson in the case of Plessy v Ferguson.
- Democrats supported the School Board ofTopeka Kansas in the case of Brown v The Board of Education of TopekaKansas.
- Democrat public safety commissioner Eugene “Bull” Connor, in Birmingham, Ala., unleashed vicious dogs and turned fire hoses on black civil rights demonstrators.
- Democrats were who Dr. MartinLuther King, Jr. and the other protesters werefighting.
- Democrat Georgia Governor Lester Maddox“brandished an ax hammer to prevent blacks from patronizing his restaurant.
- Democrat Governor George Wallace stoodin front of the Alabama schoolhouse in 1963, declaring there would besegregation forever.
- Democrat Arkansas Governor Faubus triedto prevent desegregation of Little Rock public schools.
- Democrat Senator John F. Kennedy voted against the 1957 Civil rightsAct.
- Democrat President John F. Kennedy opposed the 1963 March on Washington by Dr. King.
- Democrat President John F. Kennedy, had Dr. King wiretapped and investigated by theFBI.
- Democrat President Bill Clinton’s mentor was U.S. Senator J. William Fulbright, an Arkansas Democrat and a supporter of racial segregation.
- Democrat President Bill Clinton interned for J. WilliamFulbright in1966-67.
- Democrat Senator J. William Fulbright signed the Southern Manifesto opposing the Supreme Court’s 1954Brown vs. Board of Education decision.
- Democrat Senator J. William Fulbright joined with theDixiecrats in filibustering the Civil Rights Acts of 1957 and 1964.
- Democrat Senator J. William Fulbright votedagainst the 1965 Voting RightsAct.
- Southern Democrats opposed desegregationand integration.
As Kurt Vonnegut put it so succinctly in Slaughter House Five "and so it goes"
THIRD FRAME AGAIN: THE REPUBLICAN PARTY IF FULL OF
(This one's way too easy)
In this case, I am referring to the number of Democratic politicians who "use" women - their wives and their "mistresses" as an example of misogynists defined as "an ingrained prejudiced toward women." The prejudice falls under the category of obviously using women for sex, and the women they hurt (their wives) and the women they use (their mistresses), in my mind, is contempt for women in general. Overall, a lack of respect and a use of women.
- President Bill Clinton: Monica Lewinsky, Jennifer Flowers, Kathleen Willey, Juanita Broaddrick, Elizabeth Ward Gracen.
- Anthony Weiner: involved in two sexual scandals related to sexting, or sending explicit sexual material by cell phone. The first, sometimes dubbed Weinergate, led to his resignation as a congressman in 2011. The second, during his attempt to return to politics as candidate for mayor of New York City, involved three women Weiner admitted having sexted after further explicit pictures were published in July 2013.
The Democrat Sexual Misconduct List (Alphabetical Order by Last Name) brought to you by Conservative 21.ORG
Gerald Ackerman - Democrat MI May - In May 2000, convicted on 10 felony counts of criminal sexual conduct; sentenced to 18 to 38 years imprisonment, also 1 year for indecent exposure to a minor.
Brock Adams - Democrat WA Sen - Arrested for drugging, assault, and rape of a woman. (While married) Sam Adams - Democrat OR May - Lied, but proven guilty to an affair with an 18-year old male intern.
Jim Bates - Democrat CA Rep - Forced by ethics committee to make a formal apology to the married female staffers he had made repeated sexual advancements towards.
Gary Becker - Democrat WI May - Arrested for soliciting sex of a minor (14 years old).
Rod Blagojevich - Democrat IL Gov - Among other things, also proven to have had an affair. (while married).
Bill Clinton - Democrat Prsdnt - Cheated on wife with an intern.
Gary Condit - Democrat CA Rep - Extramarital affair with Chandra Levy. (Woman was murdered, but not by him).
Marc Dann - Democrat OK Agn - In 2008, confessed to an affair with a state staff member. (while married).
Roosevelt Dobbins - Democrat AK Rep - Convicted of fondling a 16-year old while in office.
John Edwards - Democrat NC Sen - Extramarital affair with staff member, while wife was critically ill with breast cancer.
Steven Effman - Democrat FL Rep - Admitted in 2003 to inappropriate relationships with three divorce clients; (While married).
Silvio Failla - Democrat NJ Asm - Was shot and killed when a prostitute he solcicited tried to rob him with the help of her pimp.
David Giles - Democrat WA Rep - Convicted in June 2000 of child rape. (While Married).
Neil Goldschmidt - Democrat OR May - In 2004, confessed to an affair with a 14 year old girl. (while married).
Gary Hart - Democrat CO Sen - Had an affair in 1988 with then model Donna Rice. (while married).
Wayne Hays - Democrat OH Rep - Sexual Acts with secretary. (While married).
Gordon Hintz - Democrat WI Rep - Arrested Feb. 10, 2011 for violating a City of Appleton ordinance of touching or offering to touch sexual parts.
Allan Howe - Democrat UT Rep - 2 counts of solicitation of a prostitute. (While married).
Daniel Inouye - Democrat HI Rep - Charged with sexual harassment against numerous women on his staff. (While married).
Ted Kennedy - Democrat MA Sen - Admitted to womanizing while married from 1967-1981. Confirmed relations with Mary Jo Kapechne.
Kwame Kilpatrick - Democrat MI May - Solicitation of multiple prostitutes, obstruction of justice, 2 felonies, held multiple sex parties at tx payer expense.
Vito J. Lopez - Democrat NJ Asm - Stripped of his committee chairmanship and censured after he sexually harassed two women who worked in his district office.
Robert L. Leggit - Democrat CA Rep - Fathered two illegitimate children by a Congressional secretary, then had an affair with another woman who was an aide to Speaker Carl Albert.
Tim Mahoney - Democrat IL Rep - Cheated on wife with a staff member, and then paid her $121,000 to keep quiet.
Eric Massa - Democrat NY Rep - Resigned from the house over allegations from the Ethics panel. Admitted to sexual language / misconduct to a staffer.
Jim McGreevey - Democrat NJ Gov - Extramarital homosexual affair with his homeland security advisor.
Wilbur Mills - Democrat AK Rep - Solicitation and sexual misconduct with a prostitute. (While married) Paul Morrison - Democrat AK Agn - Attorney General, confessed to an affair with addministrative staffer. (while married).
Gavin Newsom - Democrat CA May - San Fran Mayor, In 2007, confessed to an affair with his secretary, Ruby Rippey. (while married).
David Patterson - Democrat NY Gov - Numerous extramarital affairs, confessed after getting elected and sworn in.
Paul Patton - Democrat KY Gov - Confessed to an affair in 2002. (while married) Mel Reynolds - Democrat IL Rep - 12 counts of sexual assault with a 16 year old.
Fred Richmond - Democrat NY Rep - Arrested in 78 for soliciting sex with a 16 year old (also tax evasion) Charles Robb - Democrat VA Rep - Cheated on wife (Lyndon Johnson's daughter) with Tai Collins (Miss Virginia).
Gus Savage - Democrat IL Rep - Fondled an under age peace corp volunteer while on a business trip.
Harold Scott - Democrat MI Rep - Convicted on rape charges and sentenced to prison in 1988 (While married).
Derrick Sheperd - Democrat LA Sen - Arrested for solicitation of a stripper w/ tax payer money.
Eliot Spitzer - Democrat NY Gov - Solicitation and sexual misconduct with a prostitute. (While married).
Gerald Springer - Democrat OH May - Admitted to paying a prostitute with a personal check, which was found in a police raid on a massage parlor. (While Married).
Antonio Villaraigosa - Democrat CA May - LA Mayor, confessed to an affair in 2007 with a news reporter. (while married).
Sol Wachtler - Democrat NY Jud - In 1993, he was sentenced to 15 months in prison for extortion in connection with his harassment of an ex-lover.
Anthony Weiner - Democrat NY Rep - In 2011, he confessed to tweeting / e-mailing innapropriate photos to a college girl. (while married) Bob Wise - Democrat WV Gov - In 2003, had an affair with a state government staffer.
David Wu - Democrat Or Rep - In 2011, had an affair with a minor, and friend of a campaign contributor (while married). He resigned from Congress.
John Young - Democrat TX Rep - Increased salaried staffer after sexual affair. (While married)
THIRD FRAME AGAIN: THE REPUBLICAN PARTY IF FULL OF
Again, way TOO easy:
...maybe they’ll bring in Al Gore, you know, the guy who says he invented the Internet, maybe they’ll fix the Web site [HealthCare.gov].
And then there's JOHN DEAN, the screaming doctor!
I apologize. I'm not Tom Tomorrow, and I can't denounce an entire political party in one small frame of one small cartoon. It's easier to name call and make assertions about a political party in three or four words without having to explain himself. It is a fact that both parties are guilty of the above issues, but to single one party out as "owning" the label of white supremecists, misogynists, haters, and lunatics is not fair nor is it credible. It's just wrong.